SCAN Tapped for Large-Scale 2D Project Offshore Argentina
SCAN has been selected by GX Technology (GXT) a subsidiary of ION Geophysical, to acquire up to 8,000 kilometers of long offset 2D data, a part of which will be used to complete GXT's ArgentineSPAN program.
In order to meet the demanding conditions and geophysical objectives of this high profile project, GXT and SCAN have agreed to mobilize SCAN's high capacity 2D vessel M/V Geo Searcher. Acquisition is scheduled to commence immediately upon arrival in Argentina.
"We are extremely pleased to be in position, once again, to provide GXT with the acquisition services of the Geo Searcher," said Kevin Stiver, Vice President of SCAN Americas region.
"We believe the performance and reliability of our vessels and crews are the cornerstone of SCAN's expanding success and recognition as one of the industry’s leading providers of marine acquisition services."
- GXT Lands Seismic Gig for Pemex's Exploration Projects (Mar 04)
- Pemex Awards Multi-Year Seismic Contract to GXT (Feb 23)
- GX Technology Adds Sub-Salt Capabilities to Seismic Toolkit (Jun 08)
Company: SCAN Geophysical ASA more info
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)