Shell JV Drilling Ahead at Libra-1 in Australia's Browse Basin
Nexus advised that on November 11, the Libra-1 exploration well in exploration permit AC/P41 in the Browse Basin, offshore Western Australia, had reached 1,131 meters total vertical depth sub-sea (TVDSS) in a 17 1/2 inch hole.
The Ocean Epoch semisubmersible rig is drilling the exploration well which is operated by Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd on behalf of the joint venture.
The Libra-1 well is expected to intersect the target reservoir in late November, and is testing near field exploration potential around the greater Crux area.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Nexus Energy more info
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)