Total Gets Go-Ahead to Drill North Sea Well with West Phoenix
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Total E&P Norge a drilling permit for wellbore 6506/9-1, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Regulations.
Wellbore 6506/9-1 will be drilled from the West Phoenix semisubmersible drilling rig at position 65 degrees 29' 57.3" N and 06 degrees 56' 12.9" E. This is the first well this semisub is to drill on the Norwegian shelf.
The drilling program for wellbore 6506/9-1 relates to drilling of an appraisal well on the gas discovery 6506/6-1 Victoria in production license 211 B. Total is the operator with 40% and the partners are Eni and StatoilHydro, both with 30%.
The area in this permit consists of the northern part of block 6506/9. The block is located about 20 kilometers northwest of Heidrun and about 15 kilometers west of Skarv in the Norwegian Sea.
Production license 211 B was awarded in the APA (awards in predefined areas) 2006. This is the first well to be drilled in the production license.
The drilling permit is conditional on the operator securing all permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)