Hazira Field Production Expected to Increase by 40%
Gujarat State Petroleum expects natural gas production from the Hazaira field in India will increase by 40 percent to 222 million cubic feet after more wells are drilled near the city of Surat. The company said that the offshore platform will be ready by February 2004 and production from six new wells would begin in April 2004.
Niko Resources is the operator of the field with a 33% interest and Gujarat State Petroleum Corp holds the remaining 67%.
The field has an estimated 21 billion cubic meters of gas reserves and covers an area of 50 square kilometers. It is situated adjacent to a large industrial corridor about 25 kilometers southwest of the city of Surat. Much of the field lies offshore in the shallow waters of the Arabian Sea. The eastern half of the field is accessible by a causeway extending 1.5 kilometers into the Gulf of Cambay to the Land Based Drilling Platform (LBDP). The rest of the field will be drilled from an offshore platform.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- KrisEnergy Spuds Bangora-6 Development Well in Bangladesh's Block 9 (Sep 05)
- ICSID Orders Petrobangla to Pay Niko $35M It Owed for Gas Deliveries (May 31)
- Reliance Said To Revive Offshore India Gas Project By End-2017 (May 27)
Company: Gujarat State Petroleum Corp. more info
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Oilex Commences Gas Production from Bhandut Field in Gujarat, India (Apr 08)
- GeoGlobal Updates ANK 41-S Drilling In India (Dec 22)