TSMarine Wraps Up North Sea Multi-Client Well Abandoment Project
As part of a range of subsea well decommissioning activities, TSMarine has recently completed a multi-client well program for BP, Perenco and Tullow Oil to abandon four Category One suspended wells in the southern and central North Sea.
TSMarine offers a range of rigless well intervention, decommissioning and construction support solutions to the global subsea oil and gas industry.
Chartering the Island Constructor vessel, the Aberdeen-based subsea services contractor led a 12 day project to carry out preliminary work on the wells that included debris cap removal, well bore drifting, plugging of circulation vent holes, marine growth removal and fishing net debris removal where required.
TSMarine cut casing and recovered the wellheads using Norse Cutting and Abandonment's (NCA) abrasive water jet cutting services, which eliminated the need to use explosives and removed any risk to marine cetaceans.
Each well was recovered in a single operation. Once recovery rigging was installed, NCA's specially developed tooling was deployed into the well, the cut was completed and ultimately each well was recovered in a single operation.
TSMarine has carried out a number of multi-client well decommissioning campaigns whereby clients can share mobilization and transit costs while TSMarine manages the entire project scope including well reviews, permits, HIRA, emergency response planning and all offshore operations.
The company has also developed specialized tooling for removing fishing nets and other debris that may be fouling the wellhead - eliminating the need for divers.
Speaking about the success of the project and the growing trend towards multi-client well abandonment programs, Alasdair Cowie, TSMarine's CEO, said, "The cost advantages of a multiple operator approach are significant. This was a key project for us as a subsea services contractor in the offshore oil and gas decommissioning market and enables us to further demonstrate our expertise in this area.
"One of the challenges for the well abandonment industry is to bring operators together and work out agreements that satisfy the multiple clients contractual and indemnity arrangements, operating practices and business cultures. This recent multi-client campaign demonstrates that such issues can be overcome with the right approach."
Maintaining TSMarine's exemplary safety record, the project was completed without any HSE incidents.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Perenco more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Reports: Offshore Gas Worker Dies in North Sea Incident (Dec 07)
- BP: Potential Gas Play Could Open Up New Phase of North Sea Development (Dec 06)
- Golar, Perenco Reach Agreement on Commercial Terms of Cameroon FLNG Project (Jul 01)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
Company: TSMarine (Contracting) Ltd. more info
- Fugro Strengthens Market Presence with TSmarine Acquisition (Mar 08)
- TSmarine, SMIT Subsea Seal Diving Services Deal (Mar 01)
- TSmarine Awarded Installation Contract for Halyard Field (Sep 22)