FPSO Espirito Santo Sets Sail for Deployment Offshore Brazil
Keppel Shipyard Limited has delivered the floating production storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) Espirito Santo to SBM Offshore. The vessel has left Singapore for deployment in the Espirito Santo field in offshore Brazil.
The FPSO is capable of processing 100,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd) with a maximum storage capacity of two million barrels of oil.
It will be leased to the BC-10 Joint Venture, which is operated by Shell with ONGC Campos Ltda. and Petroleo Brasilieiro S.A. (Petrobras) as co-venturers, whilst the FPSO will be operated by a joint venture between SBM Offshore and MISC.
Named at a ceremony recently, the FPSO Espirito Santo project has achieved more than six million consecutive manhours without loss time incident (LTI).
This is the second FPSO Keppel has delivered to SBM Offshore this year and the ninth since 2000.
Tony Mace, Chief Executive Office of SBM Offshore said, "We are impressed with the safe completion of the FPSO by Keppel in a very demanding market. To add another vessel to the lease fleet in Brazil, for the first time for Shell is very satisfactory and we look forward to a successful charter and operating period."
Shell has shown its long-term commitment to safety by joining SBM Offshore in sponsoring programs as a part of Keppel Shipyard's Safety Excellence 2010 initiative. The initiative was launched in May 2008 and represents the third phase in Keppel Shipyard's safety journey with personal and collective ownership as its theme.
Chris Howell, FPSO Lead from Shell, congratulated Keppel Shipyard on its achievements saying, "Keppel Shipyard's management has demonstrated a firm commitment to safety, which has led to the major safety achievements being realized on the project. Through proactive measures, the risks to personnel have been reduced and I'm confident that Keppel will be successful as it continues on its safety journey."
Nelson Yeo, Executive Director of Keppel Shipyard, added, "We are pleased to complete yet another significant project for SBM Offshore and in particular, marking our partnership with Shell on such a good note. We have demonstrated our ability to deliver top quality conversions in a safe and timely manner to SBM Offshore time and again and we will continue to do the same for all our projects."
Keppel Shipyard’s scope of work included the refurbishment and conversion of the vessel's existing systems, upgrading of the accommodation facilities, fabrication and installation of sponson tanks (making the entire hull double sided), the turret mooring system, pipe rack, flare tower and helideck as well as integration of all of the oil processing modules
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
- FPSO Cidade de Saquarema Commences Ops at Brazil's Offshore Lula Field (Jul 13)
Company: Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited more info
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)