Pertra Completes Appraisal Well 15/12-13 Offshore Norway
Pertra AS has completed drilling of the appraisal well 15/12-13B in Varg Sør in license 038 on block 15/12. The well will now be permanently plugged and abandoned. The well was drilled on a prospect in Oxfordian sandstone, previously proven by well 15/12-12, drilled by Norsk Hydro in 2001. Water depth at the well location is 87 meters. The well was drilled to a total depth of 3050 m below the sea surface.
The well proved a total hydrocarbon column of 90 meters, of which there was an oil column of 35 meters. Geophysical measurements, pressure measurements from the borehole and samples of the reservoir sand are now been evaluated by the operator. The results of these studies will form the basis for considering development of Varg Sør.
The well was drilled by the semisub, West Alpha, which will now return to land for maintenance. This was the second well drilled by Perta since the company took over as operator on August 1, 2002.
- Seadrill Takes a Financial Hit from Contractor Investments (Feb 23)
- Endeavour Enters $40 Million Strategic Investment with Smedvig (Dec 26)
- Smedvig is History, from Today It's Seadrill (Jun 01)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)