Statoil Awards More Snorre Contracts
Separate frame contracts for delivering downhole instrumentation and control systems (Diacs) to Statoil's Snorre field in the North Sea have been awarded to Schlumberger and WellDynamics. Each worth about NOK 100 million, these deals embrace development, production, testing and installation of these solutions.
The contracts run from May 23, 2003 to June 1, 2006, with options for two 24-month extensions. They can also be widened to cover other Statoil fields during this period.
"With these frame agreements, we've helped to introduce new solutions and create competition over price and technology development in the market," says contract manager Bjørn Schibevaag in Exploration & Production Norway.
WellDynamics has already delivered and installed four Diacs on Snorre B, and the frame contract means that it will continue to supply such equipment to the platform.
But these deliveries will now be in competition with Schlumberger, which will first be in a position to install its equipment during 2004.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- Offshore Start-Up Borr Drilling Aims To Expand Fleet, Keep Costs Low (Aug 30)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Russian Watchdog Says Schlumberger-Eurasia Drilling Deal 'Has Big Problems' (Aug 16)
Company: WellDynamics more info
- WellDynamics Unveils Next Gen SmartWell Interval Control Valve (Sep 24)
- Halliburton Enters Agreement to Acquire 100% of WellDynamics (Jun 11)
- StatoilHydro Awards WellDynamics Norge NOK1 Billion Contract (Feb 18)