ConocoPhillips Taps Mustang, J P Kenny for FEED at Ekofisk
Mustang Engineering and J P Kenny have been awarded the front-end engineering design (FEED) for ConocoPhillips' Greater Ekofisk Area Development 2/4 Z, a 40-slot wellhead platform located in approximately 70-75 meters (230-246 feet) of water in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
Mustang will design the jacket and topsides, estimated to be 7400 metric tonnes. J P Kenny will provide design services for the subsea flow lines and pipelines across the Greater Ekofisk area, building upon a prior contract to provide services associated with the subsea water injection. The FEED project is expected to be complete by year-end 2009.
Steve Knowles, Mustang president, said, "We are looking forward to delivering this key project in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea and to building a long and fruitful relationship with ConocoPhillips. We appreciate their confidence in Wood Group and the opportunity to continue to build on our experience in both the Norwegian and UK sectors of the North Sea."
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Mustang Engineering more info
- Mustang Secures Topsides Role for Anardarko's Lucius Development (Dec 20)
- Mustang Completes Engineering Gig at Eni Nikaitchuq Facility (Jun 28)
- Mustang Snags Detail Design Contract for Chevron Facility (Sep 07)
Company: J P Kenny more info
- J P Kenny Wins Julimar FEED Contract (May 20)
- J P Kenny Wins Services Contract for TAQA's North Sea Assets (Feb 11)
- Woodside Awards Browse LNG Development Contracts (Feb 10)