West Hercules Ready for Installation at Husky Field
DSME noted that the completed semisubmersible drilling rig West Hercules, owned by Seadrill, sailed out of Okpo on October 25 and is on its way to the Husky field of the South China Sea, where it will be installed.
Construction started in November 2006 and was finished with a high completion rate and high standard of quality. When it arrives at the offshore installation site, it will begin operation quickly as it does not require a long term preparation period, unlike other offshore products. This is a result of the fact that yard construction was almost complete, with high quality, before the delivery was made.
"The relationship that has been built between the parties involved in the rigs, and especially between Seadrill and DSME, has been excellent. Even though there have been many challenges to finding solutions that can be accepted by all parties, this has been done in a professional way. I know that many new friendships have been made that will last long after the delivery of the two rigs," said Terje Olsen, Project Manager.
Seadrill's following rig, West Aquarius, is now in its final phase. The successful completion of both projects has significant meaning because it is a barometer for DSME's offshore products' construction competitiveness, especially in the area of semi rigs.
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: DSME more info
- Seadrill Defers Delivery of Drillships from DSME (Jan 15)
- DSME Files Complaint with LMAA Over Songa Offshore's Newbuild Semisubs (Jul 31)
- DNV Launches JIP with South Korean Yards to Reduce Project Cost by 15% (Jul 23)