Talisman to Spud Wildcat Well in Southern North Sea

Maersk Guardian
(Click to Enlarge)

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Talisman Energy Norge AS a drilling permit for well 2/1-13 S in the North Sea.

The drilling program for wellbore 2/1-13 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in the southern North Sea.
Talisman Energy Norge AS is the operator with a 60% ownership interest. The other licensee is Dong E&P Norge AS with a 40% ownership interest.

The area of the production license consists of parts of block 2/1, which was awarded in 2003 (APA 2003). Wellbore 2/1-13 S is the first well to be drilled in the production license, and it will be drilled by the Maersk Guardian jackup. The well is located just south of the Gyda field, operated by Talisman Energy Norge AS.
The permit is conditional on the operator obtaining all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.

Related Companies
For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Store keeper / Warehouse - Zanesville Ohio - 6200
Expertise: Storeman|Supply Chain Management|Warehouse Person
Location: Zanesville, OH
Roustabout Thereafter Job
Expertise: Roustabout
Location: Silverthorne, CO
Tool Tech
Expertise: Maintenance Technician|Mechanic|Rig Mechanic
Location: New Iberia, LA
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $48.06/BBL 2.51%
Light Crude Oil : $45.77/BBL 2.17%
Natural Gas : $2.97/MMBtu 2.30%
Updated in last 24 hours