Talisman to Spud Wildcat Well in Southern North Sea
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Talisman Energy Norge AS a drilling permit for well 2/1-13 S in the North Sea.
The drilling program for wellbore 2/1-13 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in the southern North Sea.
Talisman Energy Norge AS is the operator with a 60% ownership interest. The other licensee is Dong E&P Norge AS with a 40% ownership interest.
The area of the production license consists of parts of block 2/1, which was awarded in 2003 (APA 2003). Wellbore 2/1-13 S is the first well to be drilled in the production license, and it will be drilled by the Maersk Guardian jackup. The well is located just south of the Gyda field, operated by Talisman Energy Norge AS.
The permit is conditional on the operator obtaining all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)