Nido, Kairiki Wrap Up Shallow Water Drilling Program Offshore Philippines
Nido and its joint venture partner Kairiki Energy announced that the jackup drilling rig WilBoss was released from service to the joint venture on October 30, 2008. This brings the 2008 shallow water drilling program in Service Contract 54 to a successful conclusion. Highlights from the Yakal-1 and Tindalo-1 wells were:
- 2 discoveries from 2 wells drilled.
- Approximately 200 meters of gross oil column confirmed.
- Drilling program completed on schedule and on budget.
- Exemplary health, safety and environmental performance.
Nido's Deputy Managing Director, Joanne Williams, said "We are very pleased with the results from the Yakal and Tindalo wells. Two discoveries from two exploration wells, both with significant oil columns and safely drilled within 5% of both budget and schedule, is hard to beat. The successes we have seen to date are the direct result of the dedication and professionalism of all concerned. This includes the Philippine Department of Energy which has provided us with continual support throughout the program and the WilBoss rig and its crew, who performed well above our expectations. I am also very proud of Nido's own drilling team, most of whom were mobilized to Manila for the duration of the campaign.
"I am eager now to complete the work to determine the range of recoverable volumes possible for both fields with all the information gained from the drilling. Extended well test planning is also well underway for both wells, which hopefully, will confirm well productivities analogous to the nearby Nido A and Nido B fields and provide some early revenue from Yakal and Tindalo."
Integrated Assessment and Planning
The results from the two discoveries are now being compiled, interpreted and assessed. A fully integrated subsurface work program is being undertaken by Nido as Operator to evaluate the potential productivity and recoverable oil volumes from these fields.
Work also continues on the extended well test planning which could deliver results in 2010. The well test will likely use the same facility for both wells and will be designed to capture and sell any oil produced.
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)
Company: Premium Drilling more info
- Reliance Opts for More Time to Deploy Deep Driller 4 (Dec 02)
- Coastal to Put Songkhla A-03 On Stream in Late November (Nov 13)
- Coastal Tests Positive Production Flow at Songkhla A-01 (Nov 04)
Company: Kairiki Energy Limited more info
- Kairiki Energy to Dispose Stake in Yilgarn Petroleum Philippines to IMC (Jun 09)
- Shell Farms-In to Philippine Block for Nido-Kairiki JV; Swaps Rigs (Jan 31)
- Kairiki Appoints New Non-Executive Director (Aug 25)