Romania, Gazprom Discuss South Stream Development, Gas Cooperation
Led by Vlada Rusakova, Member of the Gazprom Management Committee, Head of the Strategic Development Department, a Gazprom delegation paid a working visit to Romania.
Participating in the delegation were also representatives of Gazprom export, Giprospetsgaz and the Russian Federation Embassy in Romania.
As part of the visit Vlada Rusakova met with Ioan Rusu, Director General of Transgaz S.A. and Lucian Stancu, Deputy Director General of Romgaz S.A.
The meeting was held within the scope of the agreements reached during the Moscow meeting of Alexey Miller, Chairman of the Gazprom Management Committee, Constantin Grigorie, the Romanian Ambassador to Russia, Francisc Toth, Director General of Romgaz S.A. and Ioan Rusu, Director General of Transgaz S.A. on October 17, 2008.
The parties discussed cooperation prospects in the area of gas underground storage, as well as alternatives for developing the existing and constructing new transit capacities in Romania with due regard of the South Stream gas pipeline system projected in Southern and Central Europe.
The parties agreed to hold the next meeting in December.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: Romgaz SA more info
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Romania To Start Gas Production At New Caragele Field In 2019 (May 12)
- Report: Romanian Romgaz to Partner Lukoil on Black Sea Exploration (Nov 20)