Offshore Trinidad Well Drilling Ahead to Total Depth
Canadian Superior, along with its partners, BG International Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the BG Group and Challenger Energy Corp., has successfully run and cemented in place the 9-7/8" intermediate casing string in the "Endeavour" well, to a depth of approximately 14,492 feet subsea, and that drilling is about to commence in the final hole section in the well.
The "Endeavour" well was spudded on August 28, 2008 and is expected to reach its final total depth ("TD") of approximately 18,000 feet in November. The "Endeavour" well is the 3rd well, in an initial 3 well program, being drilled by Canadian Superior and its partners on the "Intrepid" Block, Block 5(c), located approximately 60 miles offshore, off the east coast of Trinidad. "Endeavour" is being drilled on a separate prospect determined from the analysis and evaluation of extensive 3D seismic on the "Intrepid" Block 5(c). Earlier this year, Canadian Superior announced two separate natural gas discoveries on Block 5(c); in the "Victory" well, announced on January 14, 2008; and, in the "Bounty" well, announced on August 13, 2008.
Speaking today, Greg Noval, Canadian Superior's Chairman, said, "I am pleased to report that, in just over 2 months from spud, we are now within striking distance of final TD on 'Endeavour'; and, will shortly commence drilling the final section of this well, the 8-1/2" hole section, roughly 3,600 feet from here to final TD. The primary objective of 'Endeavour' is to prove up a possible multi - TCF reservoir. Our 3D seismic based geological prognosis for the 'Endeavour' well shows the main target zone to be between our current drilled depth and our final TD, which we expect to reach before the end of November."
The "Endeavour" well is being drilled by the Kan Tan IV semi-submersible drilling rig in about 1,000 feet of water, which also drilled the "Victory" and "Bounty" natural gas discovery wells on this block.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Canadian Superior Energy more info
- Canadian Superior Energy Notes Operational Updates (Jun 03)
- Canadian Superior Energy Posts 1Q10 Results (May 13)
- Canadian Superior Energy Waves Goodbye to COO (May 05)
Company: Challenger Energy Corp. more info
- INSIGHT - Water, Wealth and Whites - S.Africa's Potent Anti-Fracking Mix (Oct 28)
- Canadian Superior Clarifies Status of Challenger Warrants (Sep 25)
- Canadian Superior, Challenger Enter into Business Combination (Jun 19)