Transocean, Diamond Offshore Tap GMS for Rig Accomodations
Offshore oil and gas drilling majors Transocean and Diamond Offshore have turned to marine accommodations leader Global Maritime Solutions to provide ABS approved A-60 fire rated high-specification modular buildings for quick ship delivery.
Transocean has ordered two certified sleepers for their "Amirante" rig to be installed in the Gulf of Mexico by GMS personnel. These units will be inter-connectable and will expand the Amarante's berthing capacity by sixteen. The units were manufactured in a tight two week delivery schedule for delivery.
Diamond Offshore has also ordered two twenty four berth certified sleepers for their "Ocean Valiant" rig to be installed in Brownsville, Texas. The accommodation units will be stacked and GMS fabricated walkways and stairs will be installed also.
Patrick Granger, President & CEO of Global Maritime Solutions, said, "We are delighted to be working with Transocean and Diamond supporting them in their rig upgrade programs. These deliveries are testament to our customer’s confidence in our ability to deliver quality and reliable solutions to their offshore accommodation and building requirements on-time, on-spec and on-budget."
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Global Maritime Group (GMG) more info
- Global Maritime DSM Clinches Deal with Woodside for Work at Julimar Field (Jul 08)
- Global Maritime DSM Bags Mooring, Rig Positioning Deal from Quadrant Energy (Jul 01)
- Global Maritime, TOSL to Jointly Explore Latin America (Aug 02)