Petrobras, Galp to Ink MOU for Operatorship in Brazil's Shallow Basins
Petrobras and Galp Energia will sign a MOU during the 9th Brazil-Portugal Summit Meeting in Salvador to assess the possibility to establish and/or maintain partnerships with Petrobras to allow Galp to perform as an operator in blocks located in shallow Campos, Santos, and Espirito Santo basin waters.
The event will be attended by the president of the Republic, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, and the prime minister of Portugal, Jose Socrates. The presidents of Petrobras, Jose Sergio Gabrielli de Azevedo, of Galp, Manuel Ferreira de Oliveira, and of EDP Energias do Brasil, Antonio Pita de Abreu will also be present.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)