Grenland Group to Deliver Subsea Structures to Angola's Pazflor
Grenland Group has signed a NOK 307 million contract with FMC Technologies for deliveries of subsea structures to Total's Pazflor development in Angola.
The contract includes the fabrication, assembly and testing of subsea structures that will be part of FMC Technologies' deliveries to the Pazflor project in West Africa.
A letter of intent between Grenland Group and FMC Technologies was signed on April 14 at NOK 160 million. Since then the contract scope has been modified, in addition to include 12 utility distribution modules and raw materials for three production manifold systems and foundation structures to be fabricated in Angola.
The subsea structures to be fabricated and assembled by Grenland Group will have a total weight of over 2,100 tons. Deliveries are expected to commence in 2009 and will be completed in the last quarter of 2010. The subsea structures will be fabricated at Grenland Group’s yards in Grenland and in Tonsberg in Norway.
FMC Technologies has awarded a number of contracts to Grenland Group during the last two years. Larger projects under fabrication include Woodside's Pluto development in Australia, Shell's Ormen Lange, and StatoilHydro's Vega and Troll O2 developments on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
Grenland Group will now fabricate all three subsea separation modules and a number of subsea structures to Pazflor. This project follows the world's first-ever full field subsea separation module (3 phase separation), which began operations in the Tordis Field in January 2008 and was fabricated and assembled at Grenland's yard in Tonsberg last year.
The Pazflor project is the third development center on Block 17, deep offshore Angola, following Girassol and Dalia. FMC Technologies' scope of supply includes three gas-liquid separation systems, which marks the first-ever deployment of subsea separation technology in West Africa, as well as 49 subsea trees and wellhead systems.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: Grenland Group more info
- Grenland Enters Engineering Agreement with Samsung for Valemon Platform (May 19)
- Grenland Receives LOIs from FMC (Mar 15)
- Grenland Lands FEED Contract for Gullfaks B (Feb 17)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)