DNO Acquires Interest in PL 150
DNO has acquired a new license interest in the PL 203 area, and a well has been spudded in PL 167 (block 16/1) offshore Norway.
DNO ASA, together with Marathon has acquired interests in PL150 from Enterprise / Shell. The license is located near PL 203, and a discovery (Grieg) has previously been made in the license of which the resources are assumed to be some 20 to 35 million barrels. The Marathon-operated partnership is now planning drilling activity in the license in 2004. DNO has acquired a 35 percent interest in the license, and the transaction is pending the approval of the Norwegian authorities.
Earlier this year, DNO announced that the company had acquired a 20 percent interest in PL 167 (block 16/1) of which Statoil is operator and holds an 80 percent interest.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: DNO more info
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)