Mariner's Black Widow Project Is Online

Mariner Energy, Inc. announced that its Black Widow project in the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico began producing on October 29, 2000, and is currently producing approximately 10,000 barrels of oil per day and 4 million cubic feet of natural gas per day.

The Black Widow project, located in Ewing Bank block 966, is producing from a single subsea well at a water depth of 1,890 feet. The well is connected to Agip's Morpeth platform, located approximately 3.8 miles away in Ewing Bank block 921, which serves as the host facility. The Company acquired Black Widow at the March 1997 OCS lease sale and drilled the discovery well in June 1998. Mariner is the operator and has a 69 percent working interest with Devon Energy Corporation owning the remaining 31 percent working interest.

Robert E. Henderson, chairman and chief executive officer of Mariner, stated, "Black Widow is the third Deepwater Gulf project we have completed in the last twelve months. These successes support our Deepwater Gulf strategy and demonstrate Mariner's ability to execute in this very demanding environment."


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Brent Crude Oil : $49.98/BBL 1.59%
Light Crude Oil : $49.18/BBL 1.56%
Natural Gas : $2.73/MMBtu 1.44%
Updated in last 24 hours