BP Norge Gets Green Light to Use Safe Scandinavia Facility at Valhall
BP Norge AS has received consent to use the mobile living quarters facility Safe Scandinavia on the Valhall field.
In connection with construction work on the new PH (Process & Hotel Platform) on the Valhall field, BP will require accommodations for personnel from the involved contracting companies during the period November 2008 to June 2009.
Safe Scandinavia will be moored south of Valhall IP (Injection Platform) with a gangway connection to this facility.
Safe Scandinavia was built in 1984 at Aker Verdal according to an Aker H-3.2E design. The facility has a maximum of 583 beds and 59 work stations.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)