Eni, Sonangol Strike Oil at Ngoma-1 Offshore Angola
Eni and Sonangol E.P. made a new oil discovery in the deep waters of Block 15/06 offshore Angola. The discovery well Ngoma-1, located about 350 Km from Luanda, was drilled in 1,421 meters of water to a total vertical depth of 3,383 meters, encountering an oil column of 127 meters in high permeability Miocene sands.
The well tested a 22.5 degree API gravity oil at higher than forecasted rates, confirming the high mineral potential of Block 15/06. This discovery, located close to the recently discovered Sangos field, will be followed by other exploration wells on other nearby structures, providing significant potential to achieve synergies in the development of the western area of the block.
Eni operates Block 15/06 with a 35% and Sonangol E.P. is the Concessionaire. The other contractors are Sonangol Pesquisa e Producao SA (15%), SSI Fifteen Limited (20%), TEPA (Block15/06) Total (15%), Falcon Oil Holding Angola SA (5%), Petrobras International Braspetro B.V. (5%) and Statoil Angola Block 15/06 Award AS (5%).
The block was awarded in November 2006 after an international bidding round which was characterized by a very high level of competition. Eni considers Angola among the strategic countries for its future production growth of oil and gas and looks forward to further strengthening the cooperation with state-owned company Sonangol. Eni has been present in Angola since 1980 and has a current equity production of some 130,000 boe/d.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Falcon Oil & Gas more info
- Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin (Sep 30)
- Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia (Jul 26)
- Falcon Outlines Drilling Plans for its Australia's Beetaloo Basin Assets (Apr 29)