Tenders Launched for $10B Abu Dhabi Sour Gas Development
DUBAI (Dow Jones Newswires), October 13, 2008
ConocoPhillips and Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. Monday launched the tender process for the $10-billion Shah sour gas field development in Abu Dhabi, with the aim of completing the project by the end of 2013, people familiar with the plans say.
Adnoc and Conoco held a meeting with local and international contractors in Abu Dhabi city Monday, asking for expressions of interest in 10 separate project packages, all of which will be tendered between the first and third quarter of 2009, documents seen by Dow Jones Newswires show.
Under the tender schedule, all contracts are set to be awarded in late 2009 and early 2010, the documents show.
European and U.S. contractors including Snamprogetti, Technip SA, Bechtel Group Inc. and Foster Wheeler Ltd., and Japanese and South Korean firms were expected to attend Monday's meeting, the people say.
Sour gas is highly corrosive and generally more costly and challenging to process because of its high sulfur content, which requires special handling and infrastructure.
The Shah tender will offer 10 packages for bidding, including gas gathering and processing plants, sulfur recovery units and pipelines among other facilities, the documents show.
Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Bechtel Corporation more info
- Bechtel to Complete Building the Last 2 LNG Trains on Curtis Island in 2016 (Jan 12)
- Wood Group Wins Bechtel Contract to Supply Tengiz Project in Kazakhstan (Oct 07)
- EnQuest Appoints New Non-Executive Director (Jun 25)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Snamprogetti more info
- Saudi Aramco Relaunches Tenders for $10B Manifa Oil Project (Nov 17)
- Tenders Launched for $10B Abu Dhabi Sour Gas Development (Oct 13)
- KBR Completes Nigeria LNG Train Six Construction (Jan 08)
Company: Foster Wheeler more info
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Oil Company more info
- Nikkei: ADNOC To Decide On Japan Oil Concession Renewal By Early Next Year (Jul 28)
- UAE Pledges Further Oil Output Cuts Starting in September (Jul 25)
- UAE's ADNOC Sign $500M Technical Agreement with Oxy (Feb 10)