Oilex Drills Extra 200 Meters of Horizontal Oil Pay at Oman's Sarha-2
Oilex has advised that the Sarha-2 well in Block 56, Oman, has completed drilling a horizontal well in the Sarha Field to a measured depth of 2,138 meters, giving an horizontal intersection of approximately 700 meters in the Al Khlata reservoir.
Drilling was extended by an additional 210 meters to incorporate approximately 200 meters of additional horizontal oil pay in good quality sands interpreted beyond the planned total depth of 1930 meters. Production casing including screens to reduce sand production will now be run and a progressive cavity pump installed in the well.
A short term production test will be conducted with the rig in place to determine the well's productivity and to ensure that the installed pump has adequate capacity for the well.
Temporary surface production facilities will be installed after the rig is released and an extended well test will be conducted for an initial 120 day test period.
Moreover, arrangements are being finalized to truck the produced oil to a nearby (25 kms) pipeline terminal for transport to a crude export terminal on the coast.
Participants in the Oman Block 56 Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement are:
Joint Venture Party Participating Interest
- Oilex Oman Limited (Operator) 25%
- Videocon Industries Limited 25%
- GAIL (India) Limited 25%
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited 12.5%
- Bharat PetroResources Limited 12.5%
- India Seeks to Rework More LNG Contracts Amid Surplus, GAIL Says (Oct 04)
- LNG Price Row Between India, US Crimps Trump's Export Aims (Jun 30)
- India to Use Market Pricing for Part of Future Gas Finds in Complex Fields (Aug 11)
Company: Bharat Petroleum more info
- Top Oil Market Summons Poseidon to US-Mideast Crude Fight (Jul 18)
- Petronet Eyes 2019 Rescue for Nearly Idle $700 Million LNG Plant (Jul 18)
- India BPCL Makes Its First US Oil Purchase, Buys Mars, Poseidon (Jul 17)
Company: Videocon Industries more info
- Sources: Petrobras To Sell 'Junk' Fields As Big Finds Delayed (Jul 05)
- Petrobras' Indian Partners Fight Delay In Troubled Brazil Oil Project (Jul 04)
- India's Videocon Considers Divesting Upstream Assets to Repay Debts (Jun 13)
Company: Hindustan Petroleum more info
- India Refiner HPCL Sees More Scope For Foreign Buys After ONGC Deal (Jul 20)
- India Approves Creation of State Oil Giant in $4.6 Billion Deal (Jul 19)
- Iraq Undercuts Saudi Arabia In Q2 To Grab Top Spot In India Oil Market (Jul 19)
Company: Oilex Ltd more info
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)