BP Awards Foster Wheeler FEED for Algerian Salah Gas Project
Foster Wheeler's UK-headquartered subsidiary, Foster Wheeler Energy Limited, has been awarded a front-end engineering design (FEED) contract by BP Exploration (El Djazair) Limited on behalf of the In Salah Gas Joint Venture for the Southern Fields Development Project in Algeria.
The Foster Wheeler contact value for this project was not disclosed, and will be included in the Company's fourth-quarter 2008 bookings.
In Salah Gas (ISG), the largest dry gas joint-venture development in the country, involves the development of seven proven gas fields in the southern Sahara, 1,200 km south of Algiers. On-stream since July 2004, ISG produces approximately nine billion cubic meters of gas per year from three northern fields. It is also the world's first full-scale carbon dioxide capture project at an onshore gas field. The ISG venture is run as an Association between Sonatrach, BP and StatoilHydro.
The objective of the In Salah Southern Gas Fields Development Project, the second phase of the ISG development, is to maintain gas production at plateau levels when production from the three northern fields goes into decline. It involves the development of the four fields to the south of the current development, Garet el Befinat, Hassi Moumene, In Salah and Gour Mahmoud, located around the town of In Salah in the Walia of Tamanrasset.
Foster Wheeler will update the basis of design, develop the technical data, specifications and requisitions and provide a detailed cost estimate in order to define the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) scope of work.
"One of our key strengths is the design and execution of large, technically complex projects in challenging environments, so we are delighted to have been selected by In Salah Gas for the second phase of this significant development," said Foster Wheeler Energy Chairman and CEO Michael J. Beaumont. "The Foster Wheeler team will bring together its specialist expertise in gas field development, pipelines, and the execution of major projects to deliver a high quality FEED which meets schedule and plant availability objectives, while also taking full account of the environmental and social sensitivities of development in proximity to the local In Salah community."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Sonatrach more info
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
- Algeria's Sonatrach To Boost Output From Rhourde El Baguel Field (Sep 18)
- Total Signs New Deal With Algeria's Sonatrach And Settles Earlier Disputes (Apr 10)
Company: Foster Wheeler more info
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)