AnaTexas Prepares to Drill Ahead at Pompano Well-3
Elixir has provided the following update on progress at Well SL10320-4 ("Well-3"), the latest development well to be drilled at the Pompano field.
Since the Company's last announcement, the Operator at the Pompano Project, AnaTexas Offshore Inc., has advised that the 9 7/8" hole section has reached section total depth at 7,974 feet. At the time of the Operator's report on October 8, 2008, several zones of interest were being evaluated with logging tools.
The forward program will see the running and cementing of 7 5/8" casing in the 9 7/8" hole prior to drilling ahead to a total depth for the well of approximately 8,400 feet. On a trouble free basis, it is expected that total depth will be reached in approximately one week.
The Participants in Well-3 and their respective working interests are:
- Elixir Petroleum Ltd 25.0%
- Buccaneer Energy Ltd 65.0%
- Baron Petroleum Inc. 7.5%
- Streamline Exploration Inc. 2.5%
- Elixir Petroleum Acquires AWE's 57.5% Stake in Cliff Head Oil Field Off WA (Oct 26)
- Adriatic Oil Gives Up North Sea License (Feb 24)
- Adriatic Oil Farms into Moray Firth Licenses (Dec 07)
Company: AnaTexas Offshore Inc. more info
- Preparations Advance for Pompano Workover Well (Sep 01)
- Elixir Reviews Operations at GOM's Pompano, High Island Projects (Jan 09)
- AnaTexas Prepares to Drill Ahead at Pompano Well-3 (Oct 08)