KCA Deutag Snags Major Drilling Contract Offshore Asia
KCA Deutag has been awarded a US $30 million contract by Global Tender Barges Pte Ltd (owner of the Alligator tender assist rig) to support the drilling contract from Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd, for the operation and management of the Alligator tender assist rig.
This four-year contract, with a one-year extension, is scheduled to commence in the third quarter of 2009, following the refurbishment of the rig on completion of its contract with Chevron in Angola at the end of 2008.
Holger Temmen, Chief Executive of KCA Deutag, said, "This contract means that all seven of the tender assist rigs we manage have now been awarded long-term contracts in Asia and West Africa.
"We see the management of mobile offshore drilling units, such as tender assist rigs, as a significant growth opportunity for the company, and we will continue to develop this element of our business portfolio, along with our land drilling, offshore platform drilling and engineering services."
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: KCA Deutag more info
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)