Circle Oil Confirms Al Amir SE-1 ST Discovery in Egypt
Circle Oil Plc has announced that the Al Amir SE-1 sidetrack well has been drilled in the onshore North West Gemsa Concession in Egypt.
The Company has confirmed a discovery in the Kareem Formation sandstones, with the well testing 41 degrees API oil and gas at sustained rates of 3,388 bopd and 4.25 MMscfd using a 64/64" choke. The well, which had been sidetracked after operational difficulties, is currently being completed as a potential producer.
A full technical evaluation of all the results is underway to permit forward planning as a precursor to further assessment of the resource. An Assessment of Reserves has not yet been completed.
The North West Gemsa Concession partners include Vegas Oil and Gas (50% interest and Operator), Circle Oil plc (40% interest) and Premier Oil plc (10% interest).
The NW Gemsa concession covers an area of over 400 square kilometers and lies about 300 kilometers southeast of Cairo, in a partially unexplored part of the Gulf of Suez Basin. The concession agreement includes the right of conversion to a production license of 20 years, plus extensions, in the event of commercial discoveries.
David Hough, CEO of Circle, said, "This discovery is excellent news. It is particularly pleasing combined with our gas production start-up in Morocco and our recent successful fund raising. These events leave the Company in a very strong position. They give us the option to bring the Al Amir SE-1 ST well into production quickly with infrastructure approximately 6 kms away and will also allow us to carry out our ambitious plan to drill 15 wells over the next 24 months on our North African licenses. It is indeed a busy and exciting time for Circle."
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Circle Oil more info
- Gas Production Restarts at ONHYM Pipeline in Morocco (Sep 16)
- Circle Oil Suffers Temporary Production Dip in Morocco Due to Earthquake (Aug 08)
- Circle Oil Agrees Repayment Extension (Jun 24)
Company: Vegas Oil and Gas S.A. more info
- Vegas O&G Makes 3rd Oil Find in East Ghazalat Concession (Nov 04)
- Vegas O&G Brings Egyptian Appraisal Well Online (Mar 25)
- Vegas O&G Completes 4th Al-Amir Appraisal in Egypt (Mar 09)