Byford Dolphin Sails into 3-Year Contract for UK North Sea Ops
Dolphin Drilling Ltd., a subsidiary of Fred. Olsen Energy ASA, has received a Letter of Award for a three-year contract for the semisubmersible drilling rig Byford Dolphin for operations in the UK North Sea.
The agreement, which remains subject to finalization of contract terms, will commence the contract first quarter 2010 after completing its five years class renewal survey. The estimated contract value is US $449 million.
- Fred. Olsen Energy Says Lossmaking Contract Levels Persist (Feb 16)
- Norwegian Oil Drillers Call in Mediator after Wage Talks Fail (May 22)
- Norway's Fred. Olsen Energy Sees Tough Rig Market Ahead (Oct 28)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)