Algerian Output Unaffected by Earthquake
Algeria's oil exports and key production centers were not affected by Wednesday's earthquake, which measured 6.7 on the Richter scale. The epicenter of the quake was approximately 60 kilometers east of Algiers. It was nearest the port of Bejaia, but more than 200 kilometers from the oil export terminals at Skikda and Arzew. There has been no damage reported to any of the major loading ports or new southern oilfields. Algeria's oil and gas fields are situated in the southern interior but oil refining and exporting facilities are on the Mediterranean coast.
Production at joint-venture oilfields Ourhoud and Hassi Berkine in the southeastern that produce more than 500,000 bpd, has continued uninterrupted, partners Cepsa and Anadarko Petroleumsaid. "As far as we know there has been no disruption to any of our operations, or the pipelines or ports," an Anadarko spokewoman in London said.
A spokesman for Amerada Hess also said that the earthquake did not appear to have hit its 15,000 bpd El-Gassi field, which is also in the south. The rest of Algeria's up to 1.2 million bpd of crude oil production is from Sonatrach, most of it from the south-central Hassi Massoud field.
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
- Hess Shares Fall After Fourth-Quarter Forecast Slashed (Oct 25)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Sonatrach more info
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
- Algeria's Sonatrach To Boost Output From Rhourde El Baguel Field (Sep 18)
- Total Signs New Deal With Algeria's Sonatrach And Settles Earlier Disputes (Apr 10)
Company: CEPSA more info
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
- Algeria Oil And Gas Output On The Rise (Jun 26)
- CEPSA Commences Drilling at Tarach-1 in Kenya Block 11A (Apr 15)