Rowan Reels in $30MM GOM Commitment for Gorilla IV Jackup
Rowan Companies, Inc. has received a letter of intent from W&T Offshore, Inc. for the jackup Gorilla IV.
The commitment is for two wells covering a minimum term of 150 days, which will begin when the rig is released from its current drilling assignment. Rowan expects to earn approximately $30 million of drilling revenues over the minimum term.
The Gorilla IV is currently drilling for McMoRan on the Blackbeard Prospect. The Company estimates that the rig will be available for W&T by early in the first quarter of 2009.
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: W&T Offshore more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- W&T Offshore Strikes Black Gold at Mahogany Field (Jan 06)
- US Jury Finds Apache Did Not Breach Contract With W&T Offshore (Dec 15)
- W&T Ban From Bidding For Oil Could Last 3 Years, EPA Says (Dec 03)