Elixir Reports on Latest Development Well at Pompano Field
Elixir Petroleum Limited has provided the following update on progress at Well SL10320-4 ("Well #3"), the latest development well to be drilled at the Pompano field.
Since the Company's last announcement, the Operator at the Pompano Project, Anatexas Offshore Inc., has advised that Well #3 spudded on September 22, 2008. The Operator has also confirmed that the 36" caisson has been successfully driven to depth and that the 20" and 13 1/2" hole sections have been drilled to planned depth, cased and cemented to surface.
At the time of the Operator's report on September 30, 2008, the rig was making preparations to commence drilling the 9 7/8" hole section from a depth of 3,005 ft. The 9 7/8" hole section will be directionally drilled to an approximate depth of 8,000 ft and is designed to penetrate a number of the target horizons for this well.
The participants in Well #3 and their respective working interests are:
- Elixir Petroleum Ltd. 25.0%
- Buccaneer Energy Ltd. 65.0%
- Baron Petroleum Inc. 7.5%
- Streamline Exploration Inc. 2.5%
- Elixir Petroleum Acquires AWE's 57.5% Stake in Cliff Head Oil Field Off WA (Oct 26)
- Adriatic Oil Gives Up North Sea License (Feb 24)
- Adriatic Oil Farms into Moray Firth Licenses (Dec 07)
Company: AnaTexas Offshore Inc. more info
- Preparations Advance for Pompano Workover Well (Sep 01)
- Elixir Reviews Operations at GOM's Pompano, High Island Projects (Jan 09)
- AnaTexas Prepares to Drill Ahead at Pompano Well-3 (Oct 08)
Company: Buccaneer Resources Inc. more info
- Cook Inlet Lease Sale Shows 'Positive Upturn' for Cook Inlet Exploration (May 18)
- Buccaneer Finalizes Transocean Jackup Acquisition (Nov 15)
- Buccaneer Looks North to Cook Inlet Potential (Oct 11)