RWE Makes Eighth Oil Discovery in Libya
In addition to NOC's announcement on September 29, 2008, RWE Dea announced that its exploration success has reached a total of six discoveries in Concession NC 193. The well G1-NC 193 encountered oil in the Upper Satal Formation at a depth of 4631 to 4661 ft.
RWE Dea's New Field Wildcat G1-NC193 tested oil with a quality of 33.8 degrees API at a net rate of 426 bbls/day. This discovery is the latest in a string of eight during the last two years -- six in Concession NC 193 and two in Concession NC 195. It is located in the eastern vicinity of the previous B1 discovery, where already two appraisal wells have been drilled.
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
- Source: Libya's Sharara Oil Field Reopens After Pipeline Blockade (Sep 05)