Songa Saturn All Set for Drilling Ops Offshore Equatorial Guinea
Songa Offshore ASA has signed a contract with CNOOC Africa Ltd. for a one well program offshore Equatorial Guinea. The contract will commence after the current drilling campaign in Libya which is expected to be completed late 2009.
Before starting the mobilization, Songa Saturn will complete the long planned upgrade of the rig from 3300 ft to 3800 ft water depth capacity. This work is likely to be carried out in Malta directly after the ongoing campaigns in Libya.
The contract has an estimated value of US $30 million inclusive of mobilization. The contract has demobilization alternatives for both West Africa and Malta.
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- China's CNOOC Begins Oil Partner Hunt in Mexico Deep Waters (Sep 15)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)