StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead for September 2008 Drilling Program
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 6608/10-12 using the semisub Ocean Vanguard.
The well is part of production license 128 and has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 66 degrees 13' 45.69"
- E 08 degrees 18' 45.86"
The water depth at the site is 334 meters. The closest distance to land is 170 kilometers (Vega).
Ocean Vanguard (formerly West Vanguard) is a semisubmersible drilling rig of the Bingo 3000 type, which was completed in 1982 at Trosvik Verksted AS. It has subesequently undergone several upgrades. The semisub is classified in DNV. It is operated by Diamond Offshore Netherlands BV. Ocean Vanguard received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) on July 2, 2004.
The drilling will start in September 2008 after Ocean Vanguard has finished the exploration drilling of well 34/7-33. The activity has a planned duration of 45 days.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)