OPE's Engineering Team Completes FPSO RFQ Package
OPE, Inc. announced that the engineering team for its patented SSP Satellite Services Platform has reached a major development milestone.
"After unveiling the SSP design in September 2007, we assembled a specialized engineering team and established the development goals necessary to commercialize the SSP," stated Gary Quenan, OPE President and CEO.
Since its formation, the SSP Team has focused on validating the results of model testing (heave and roll) for FPSO application, finalizing a hull design (geometry and tank configuration) for a 1.2 million barrel storage capacity (80,000 bbl per day production) and ensuring compliance with Class Society and International rules. Based on these results, OPE is now ready to issue an FPSO RFQ package to select global shipyards for fabrication of the hull and center column.
"I am pleased to report that the team has achieved all its goals while integrating measurable cost, safety and operational advantages over ship-shaped FPSOs and other competitive designs," said Quenan.
Designed for maximum stability, flexibility and operational performance, the SSP offers significant safety improvements and reductions in capital costs by eliminating turrets, swivels, active ballasting and the need to disconnect in post Katrina-type storm conditions. The SSP’s unique hull design and center column accommodate multiple riser types and sizes, enabling its use on any subsea development in the world.
The offloading system takes advantage of proven technology to provide fast, efficient transfer to trading tankers of opportunity by allowing them to weathervane within a restricted arc, eliminating the current trend to utilize a dedicated CALM buoy and the associated CAPEX.
The SSP engineering team includes:
- OPE -- Overall project management of the SSP unit and design of the center column
- IntecSEA (WorleyParsons Group) -- Hull, mooring and marine system detail design
- Alliance Engineering -- Design for 5, 10 and 20 thousand metric ton topsides and 60-man personnel quarters
- McDermott -- Fabrication/constructability engineering
- MARIN -- Wave tank model testing
- ODL -- Operational interfaces and maintenance
- 2H Offshore -- Steel catenary and hybrid riser design and analysis
- Alkyon -- Offloading system simulation
- OPE Sells Offshore Engineering Division in Houston, Trinidad & Tobago (Feb 24)
- OPE's Engineering Team Completes FPSO RFQ Package (Sep 24)
- OPE Taps Steve Craig as Senior Project Manager (May 22)