Maersk Kicks Off Production at Dumbarton's $600MM Extension Project

Maersk Oil North Sea UK Limited has started production from the first phase of a $600 million (gross) major extension of its Dumbarton field project.

The Dumbarton field is located in blocks 15/20a and 15/20b of the UK sector of the North Sea, 140kms north east of Aberdeen. The extension project involves phased drilling of up to eight new horizontal production wells and up to a further two produced water disposal wells in the Dumbarton and nearby Lochranza fields.

"We are delighted with the progress of this extension project," said Managing Director Kurt Normann Nielsen. "The first two wells are now onstream, increasing the total field production to over 40,000 bopd."

With the additional two wells, Dumbarton now has seven horizontal producers and two deviated water injection wells. Dumbarton is operated by Maersk Oil (70% working interest). Noble Energy is the only non-operating partner with the remaining 30% working interest. Over 17 million barrels have been produced from the field through the FPSO Global Producer 3 since start-up in January 2007.

The drilling program for the first part of the new development commenced in Spring 2008, utilizing the existing subsea infrastructure. The second phase drilling program is now ongoing and will continue into 2009.

As part of the project, Maersk Oil also plans to develop the Lochranza discovery, located in block 15/20a, by drilling two horizontal production wells, tied-back to the Dumbarton subsea facilities, subject to receiving final Government approvals.
 

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Lease Operator/ Pumper
Expertise: Production Operator
Location: Denver City, TX
 
United States Alvarado: Explosive Products Operator, Associate
Expertise: Production Operator
Location: Alvarado, TX
 
U.S. - Zanesville: Entry Level Operator Assistant I - Operator Assistant II
Expertise: Production Operator
Location: Zanesville, OH
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.49/BBL 2.45%
Light Crude Oil : $52.42/BBL 2.04%
Natural Gas : $3.2/MMBtu 5.04%
Updated in last 24 hours