NELP-IV Roadshow Launched in New Dehli
Promotional road shows for NELP-IV will kick off in New Delhi on May 20, 2003 followed by events in London, Calgary, Houston and Perth.
The NELP IV Licensing round in India opens up a new area of 24 blocks - 11 onshore, 1 offshore shallow and 12 deepwater blocks. This represents an exciting opportunity for investors in one of the world's largest and fastest growing hydrocarbons provinces.
The NELP IV Road Shows aim to highlight and offer opportunities in already proven and highly prospective blocks, including, for the first time, ultra deepwater blocks. NELP-IV is being launched in the backdrop of the recent huge deepwater gas discoveries made in the Krishna-Godavari basin. In fact some of these have even been mentioned as being the largest in the world during the year 2002. So far a total of 9 discoveries with initial in place reserve estimates of over 300 million metric tons of oil plus oil equivalent gas, have been made under NELP during the short span of less than three years of exploration effort. With the implementation of an aggressive exploration program under NELP, more and more discoveries are expected to be made in the future. The Road Shows will include data rooms, and talks by experts in the petroleum sector, including operators and other investors.
The hard copies of the Basin Information Dockets and Data Packages of the exploration blocks on offer under NELP IV are available for inspection at Data Viewing Centers at New Delhi, Houston and London. Please see the NELP IV website at www.indigopool.com for further details.
The official Indian Delegation includes:
- Ram Naik, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India
- Santosh Gangwar, Minister of State for Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India
- B. K. Chaturvedi, Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India
- M.S. Srinivasan, Additional Secretary of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India
- Dr. Avinash Chandra, Director General, Directorate General of Hydrocarbons, India
- J. M. Mauskar, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India
Road Show legs to be held at the following international energy hubs:
- London, UK, 5-6 June, Mandarin Oriental Hotel
- Calgary, Canada, 9-10 June, Hyatt Regency
- Houston, USA, 11-12 June, JW Mariott
- Perth, Australia, 26-27 June, Sheraton Perth
- STEP Energy Seeks Partner for UK North Sea Tristan Re-Entry (Sep 15)
- Petro-Victory Looks for Farm-In Partner on Paraguayan Block (Jan 27)
- Mobil North Sea Offers UK Faroe/Shetland Basin Acquisition Opportunity (Aug 21)