Blake International Enters Deepwater & International Markets
Blake International USA Rigs, LLC of Houma, Louisiana announces that it has entered into a contract with Shell Offshore and a letter of intent with Noble Energy to utilize two of its self erecting platform rigs. The Shell commitment represents a significant step forward for Blake into the deepwater platform rig market on Shell's "Ram Powell" floating production facility. The Noble Energy agreement represents Blake's entry into the offshore International platform rig market on Noble's Amistad Platform off the coast of Ecuador. Each agreement calls for the Rigs to mobilize during the fourth quarter and are collectively valued at over $25 million.
Blake International was formed in May of this year when it purchased the platform rig operation from Pride International as well as the 45 acre facility located in Houma, Louisiana. Michael E. Blake is also the founder and Managing Partner of Blake Offshore, LLC a Gulf of Mexico jackup rig drilling company.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
Company: Blake more info
- Blake International USA Rigs Celebrates First Anniversary, Opens New Office (May 28)
- Blake's Chairman Sells Stake in Company, Waves Good-Bye to Board (Feb 11)
- Blake Offshore Appoints New Board Member (Dec 08)