NPD Okays StatoilHydro's Drilling Program for Well 2/5-13
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has approved StatoilHydro's drilling permit for well 2/5-13 to be drilled using the West Epsilon. The wildcate well is located in production license 265.
StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60%. Maersk Oil Norway AS is the other licensee, with an ownership interest of 40%.
The area in this license consists of parts of block 2/5 and all of block 2/6 in the southern North Sea, northeast of the Ekofisk area.
The production license was awarded in 2003 (APA 2003). This is the 13th exploration well in this license. The permit has been granted on the condition that all permits and consents required by other authorities must be secured before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)