EFC Snags Major Contracts in Brazil for Deepwater, High-Pressure Products
Electro-Flow Controls (EFC) is nearing completion of contracts worth more than $1 million in Brazil.
EFC sees the area as a priority for future growth of the Company and representatives are attending Rio Oil and Gas Expo 2008, the leading trade show for the oil and gas industry in South America, later this month (September 15).
The Company, which employs more than 50 people at its bases in Aberdeen, UK, and Houston, Texas, is also aiming to sign up with a local partner during the trade fair to build the connections needed to help win new business in the area.
EFC is currently finishing a number of projects involving choke control and marine systems in Brazil. It has designed and built customised choke control systems for new-build semis and major rig upgrades and has also supplied systems to enhance choke control with clients including Petrobras, QGOG, Transocean, Noble Drilling, Diamond Offshore, Dolphin, Petroserv and Pride International.
John Wheeler, Managing Director, Electro-Flow Controls, said, "Our sophisticated range of products has been designed and developed by working with subsea experts and they are ideally suited for the deeperwater and higher pressures involved in Brazil.
"EFC has won a substantial amount of new work in Brazil and has a number of live bids with Brazilian-based companies. We see the Rio trade fair as invaluable and we will be aiming to meet with potential clients as well as existing ones to increase the level of business we do there."
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Pride International more info
- Randy Stilley Comes on Board of Paragon Offshore (Feb 04)
- Ensco Completes Pride Acquisition (May 31)
- Pride, Ensco Enter MOU in Merger Lawsuit (May 20)
Company: Electro-Flow Controls more info
- Helix Selects EFC for Well Enhancer Design Services (Apr 06)
- EFC Welcomes New Financial Director (Feb 08)
- Electro-Flow Controls Gets Backing for Management Buy-In (Dec 15)