Moss Maritime Sells Platform Fabrication License for Cheviot Field
Moss Maritime has sold a license to ATP Oil & Gas (UK) Limited for the fabrication of the Moss Krylov Octabuoy Dry Tree semisubmersible production platform for the Cheviot field development.
The Octabuoy Classic is a dry-tree completion unit which can accommodate both production facilities and a complete drilling/work-over rig. It was developed in cooperation with the Krylov Institute of St. Petersburg, Russia. The development was based on decades of semisubmersible design experience. The patented design, which yields superior motion characteristics, allows for fabrication and installation flexibility, but it can also be more cost effective than other dry-tree floating production units.
The Octabuoy Classic is a semi-submersible which can be utilized in the harshest of environmental conditions. It is a deep draft floater designed specifically for dry wellheads and Steel Catenary Risers (SCRs). The innovation for the Octabuoy is the shape of the columns, which provides more favorable motion characteristics than other floating structures for dry-tree oil and gas production. Numerical analyses and model testing confirm the Octabuoy motions are superior to those of other dry-tree platform designs.
- Lessons from ATP Bankruptcy There for Those Who Listen (Jun 30)
- Cosco Discontinues Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module Project (Jan 12)
- Cosco Reveals Buying Interest for Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module (Jul 23)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Moss Maritime more info
- Moss Maritime Sells Platform Fabrication License for Cheviot Field (Sep 10)
- SeaDragon Secures Integrated Drilling Package (Apr 13)