Apache Spuds Dibbler-1 in Western Australia's Carnarvon Basin
Tap Oil report that the Dibbler-1 well located in the Carnarvon Basin exploration permit WA-334-P, has been spud. The Dibbler-1 well is programmed to reach a total depth of approximately 3,595 meters measured depth in about 14 days.
Dibbler-1 is a high risk gas exploration well targeting a 50 bcf volume in the Dupuy Formation. Dibbler-1 will satisfy the Year Six well commitment in this permit which also contains the undeveloped Kultarr discovery (gross 32 bcf). A discovery at Dibbler could potentially be developed, along with Kultarr, via the adjacent Harriet Joint Venture infrastructure.
WA-334-P Joint Venture Participants:
- Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd 20.0%
- Apache Northwest Pty Ltd (Operator) 80.0%
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)