Aker to Supply Subsea Production System Offshore Tunisia
Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract to supply a subsea production system to Storm Ventures International (Barbados) Ltd's Cosmos South development offshore Tunisia. Contract value is undisclosed.
Scope of work for the contract is three subsea trees, subsea control systems and tie-in and connection system. The subsea production system will be installed in approximately 100 meters water depth in the Gulf of Hammermet offshore Tunisia.
At the center of the delivery is Aker Solutions' RapidSolution program. RapidSolution is a pre-stocked and pre-configured well system that offers significant reduction in lead times and which fits 80 percent of all subsea fields.
"With today's exeptionally high oil prices, the drive to get to 'first oil' is more important than ever. The RapidSolution program is our answer to the market," says Svenn Ivar Fure, Senior Vice President for Trees / Processing & Boosting in Aker Solutions. "The decision we made in May to double the size of the program was certainly the right one."
Subsea trees will be manufactured at Tranby, Norway, and subsea controls in Aberdeen, UK. First deliveries are scheduled for Q2, 2009.
RapidSolution is a complete subsea well system based on Aker Solutions' standard configurable tree. The solution is built specifically for subsea developments with short lead time and tie-backs when developing resources close to existing offshore installations.
Contract party is Aker Solutions subsidiary Aker Subsea AS.
- NZOG Says Cosmos Estimate Up by 40% (Nov 05)
- Provident Energy Trusts Divests West Central Alberta O&G Assets (Dec 24)
- Cooper Updates on Rig, Materials for Offshore Tunisian Well (Aug 20)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)