Transworld Expands Tui 3D Survey over Pukeko Prospect
Transworld Oil has been granted an expansion of its Tui offshore Taranaki permit PEP 38460, where oil was discovered by Tui-1 in February, to include the Pukeko and Hector prospects.
Transworld, which is carrying out a 3D seismic survey of Tui, is also to carry out a 150 square kilometer survey of Pukeko, which lies to the south of the previous 38460 permit boundary and over 30 kilometers west of OMV New Zealand Ltd's Maari oil discovery.
Operator New Zealand Overseas Petroleum Ltd, a subsidiary of the Bermuda-registered Transworld Oil group, holds a 45% stake with joint venture partner New Zealand Oil & Gas Ltd's subsidiary Stewart Petroleum Ltd (20%), NZOG's associate WM Petroleum Ltd (15%) and AWE New Zealand Pty Ltd (20%).
NZOG exploration manager Eric Matthews said in early May that 300 square kilometers of the planned 350 square kilometer Tui 3D had been completed by the Veritas seismic vessel Pacific Sword.
But poor weather conditions, which have caused a week's delay already, seem to have set in for the winter. This probably means the survey of Pukeko and the remaining area of Tui will be delayed until November 2003.
- NZOG Submits Application to Exit Kaheru PEP 52181 (Mar 23)
- New Zealand Pushes Ahead to Grow Upstream Sector, Reap Economic Gains (Aug 28)
- Australia's AWE, PPP, NZOG To Drill 2nd Oil Well Off NZ Coast (Jun 10)
Company: Transworld Oil more info
- Westech to Redrill East Coast Kauhauroa Gas Discovery Structure (Mar 14)
- Cooper Joins Seruway PSC Offshore Indonesia (Mar 06)
- GFI Acquires Stake in Seruway Block Offshore Indonesia (Jun 26)
Company: Veritas more info
- GFI Confirms 3-D Program Completed Over Kambuna (Mar 02)
- TG World Issues Update on Central North Slope Activities (Dec 26)
- Nido Runs into Mechanical Difficulties with Philippine 3D Survey (Nov 14)