StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead for Transocean Winner Drilling

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted a drilling permit to StatoilHydro ASA for wellbore 15/5-7 A.

Wellbore 15/5-7 A will be drilled from the Transocean Winner semisub following the completion of the drilling of appraisal well 15/5-7 for StatoilHydro in production licence 048.

The drilling program for wellbore 15/5-7 A consists of the drilling of a sidetrack well in production licence 048. StatoilHydro is the operator with an ownership interest of 78.2%, and Total is the other licensee with an ownership interest of 21.8%. The area in this production licence consists of two parts of block 15/5. Block 15/5 lies just northwest of the Sleipner area in the North Sea.

Production licence 048 was awarded in the third licensing round on the Norwegian shelf in 1977. This is the fourth well to be drilled in this production licence.

The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.

 

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Contract Specialist
Expertise: Contracts Administration
Location: Lake Charles, LA
 
Division Order Analyst - DJ Land Administration
Expertise: Business Analyst|Commercial Management|Landman
Location: Denver, CO
 
Drilling Manager
Expertise: Drilling Manager|Drilling Superintendent
Location: Dallas, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $56.86/BBL 0.76%
Light Crude Oil : $50.66/BBL 0.21%
Natural Gas : $2.959/MMBtu 0.30%
Updated in last 24 hours