Key Bags $46MM Workover Contract from Pemex
Key Energy Services, Inc. announced that its Mexican subsidiary, Key Energy Services de Mexico S. de R.L. de C.V., has been awarded a 24-month contract valued at $68 million by Pemex to provide field production solutions and well workover products and services.
The new project will cover Pemex' North Region assets and will initially focus on oil wells in the Poza Rica-Altamira and Cerro Azul assets. Under the terms of the contract, Key will initially provide four well service rigs outfitted with its proprietary KeyView system and will install five KeyView systems on Pemex-owned well service rigs. The contract grants Pemex the option to call for additional rigs and KeyView systems in the future. This work is in addition to the $46 million Pemex contract awarded to Key in early 2007. Key currently has nine rigs working for Pemex.
Dick Alario, Key's Chairman and CEO, stated, "We are proud of the working relationship we have established with Pemex over the last 18 months and look forward to providing even more well workover services to Pemex. Our work in Mexico demonstrates Key's ongoing commitment to quality and safety, as well as our determination to provide Pemex with the most technologically advanced well service solutions available to the industry."
Alario continued, "We are in discussions with other international operators about our proprietary KeyView system and believe that our technology, combined with our workover expertise, is of great value to international operators like Pemex."
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- Mexico's Pemex Sees Salina Cruz Refinery Restart 3rd Week of Oct (Sep 28)
Company: Key Energy Services, Inc. more info
- Filing Bankruptcy, Key Energy Expects to Remain Public Company (Aug 25)
- Key Completes Acquisition of Edge, Summit Oilfield Services (Aug 08)
- Key Extends Eagle Ford Footprint with Acquisitions (Jul 14)