Subsea 7 to Install Tanker Loading System at Draugen Field for Shell
Subsea 7 Inc. received a US $30 million call-off by A/S Norske Shell for installation work at the Draugen field in the Norwegian sector of the Northern North Sea. The project is a call-off under the existing Pan European USC frame agreement held with Shell.
The project is related to Shell's installation of a new type of Tanker Loading System, which will replace an existing tanker loading unit. The Subsea 7 operation will disconnect two 15" flexible risers, then install two new 16" flexible pipelines to connect the subsea infrastructure with a new Subsea Loading System, and associated equipment to complete the Tanker Loading System.
Engineering and project management will commence immediately and be delivered from Subsea 7's Stavanger office in Norway. The offshore phase will be carried out by the company’s latest state-of-the-art deepwater Flex / J-lay vessel, the Seven Seas, and an ROV support vessel from the Subsea 7 fleet during 2009.
Tor Espedal, Vice-President Norway for Subsea 7 said, "Shell is an important client for Subsea 7 and we are delighted to assist in installing this new Tanker Loading System. This project builds upon our long-standing relationship with Shell in Norway."
The Draugen field is located in License PL093 in the Haltenbanken area approximately 140 km north of Kristiansund. The partners in the license are Norske Shell (26.2%), BP (18.36%), Chevron (7.56%) and Petoro (47.88%).
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)