New Partnership Enhances Training, Standards for India's O&G Industry
The Oil & Gas Academy has entered into a new partnership with Aberdeen e-learning specialists Atlas Interactive Limited and India's leading skills development company to introduce new approved training and competency standards for oil and gas workers in India.
The initiative with 24x7 Learning brings end-to-end learning solutions to the Indian energy industry across a range of safety and technical subject areas that fit within employers training and competency frameworks for the first time.
Indian oil and gas giant ONGC is the first company to take advantage of the unique agreement. Gyandhara, ONGC India’s newly-launched eAcademy, provides its employees with opportunities for self development and a range of oil and gas related e-learning products.
24×7 Learning has built, implemented and is managing Gyandhara on behalf of ONGC. E-learning modules will be supplied by Atlas Interactive with globally recognised quality-assured OPITO certification being issued to all ONGC employees on completion of the course.
Karthik KS, CEO of 24×7 Learning, said, "We are delighted to be associated with Atlas Interactive and OPITO -- The Oil & Gas Academy. This alliance brings to the table the expertise of two international organisations excelling in their respective fields. Through this partnership we will provide holistic solutions to the oil and gas industry."
David Doig, Chief Executive of OPITO -- The Oil & Gas Academy, said, "We are very happy to partner with 24×7 Learning and Atlas Interactive. Our partnership offers exciting solutions for talent development in the Indian oil and gas industry."
Tim Love, Director of Atlas Interactive Ltd., added, "Aimed at addressing the skills shortages within the oil industry, the collaboration between 24x7 Learning, OPITO -- The Oil & Gas Academy, Atlas Interactive and ONGC will enable both new recruits and experienced technicians to acquire approved qualifications, and it will assist employers to assess the skills and capabilities of their workforce within an accepted accreditation system.
"This is a truly exciting initiative and we look forward to working closely in the coming years to extend this suite of learning modules for technicians of all ages within the industry."
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: OPITO more info
- UK Oil, Gas Companies to be 'Disproportionately Affected' by New Levy (Feb 13)
- Former Trainee Car Mechanic Scoops Oil, Gas Apprenticeship Award (Dec 22)
- OPITO: UK Energy Sector Apprenticeships Could Suffer (Dec 08)
Company: Atlas Interactive more info
- Atlas Wins Contract to Improve Global Offshore Safety (Apr 07)
- Atlas Delivers Innovative Safety Training to UK Offshore Sector (Apr 01)
- Petrofac, Atlas to Deliver Enhanced E-Learning Courses to O&G Industry (Sep 23)