ENSCO 7500 to Anchor in Australia's Ultra-Deepwater for Chevron
Ensco International Incorporated announced that a subsidiary of the Company has entered into a drilling contract with Chevron Australia PTY., Ltd. for the utilization of ENSCO 7500, an ultra-deepwater semisubmersible rig now operating in the Gulf of Mexico.
The rig is expected to complete its current contract with Chevron U.S.A. in September 2008 and then mobilize to west Australia to commence operations under the new contract by the end of the year. The current day rate of $365,000 will apply during the mobilization period.
The operating rate under the new contract is $550,000 per day, and will be subject to adjustment for variances in operating costs. The initial term of the contract, which runs until August 31, 2010, can be extended by Chevron Australia for one or two additional years at the same rate if the option to extend is exercised by September 1, 2009, or at mutually agreed rates if the option is exercised thereafter.
Dan Rabun, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We are pleased that Chevron has selected the ENSCO 7500 for its deepwater drilling program in Australia. We have extensive operating experience in the region with our jackup rig fleet, and the ENSCO 7500 will add to our capabilities in this increasingly important deepwater market."
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)