StatoilHydro Tests Positive Gas in Algeria's TNK-2 Well
StatoilHydro has tested dry gas in well TNK-2 (Tinerkouk 2) in the Hassi Mouina license area in Algeria. The appraisal well was spudded on 5 June and the hydrocarbons were encountered in formations of Lower Carboniferous age.
StatoilHydro and partner Sonatrach are pleased with the results of the well.
The recently completed TNK-2 well is the sixth positive well in the license drilled by StatoilHydro. The encouraging results from the six wells give valuable information on the resource potential of the permit.
The Company is currently drilling well TGN-1, an exploration well also situated in the southern part of the Hassi Mouina license.
StatoilHydro was awarded operatorship for the Hassi Mouina gas block in July 2004. The block covers an area of 23,000 square kilometers in the Timimoun Basin. Hasssi Mouina is located close to the In Salah gas field.
StatoilHydro has a 75% interest in Hassi Mouina. The partner Sonatrach has a 25% interest.
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
- Algeria's Sonatrach To Boost Output From Rhourde El Baguel Field (Sep 18)
- Total Signs New Deal With Algeria's Sonatrach And Settles Earlier Disputes (Apr 10)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)